APPLYING AS A START-UP
- This track is meant for social impact start-ups with at least a prototype and (some) market traction looking to further build, validate and scale their business and find the best international product/market fit
- Taking in consideration all the above, the six criteria are weighed equally and one more criterion is added: Stage of development: the extent to which the start-up has a finished product/service and paying customers
- Between six to nine start-ups will be awarded by the international jury
- The awards consist of a development and expenses fee of €15,000 and participation in an extensive tailor-made acceleration programme covering period of at least five months
- All teams are connected to potential launching customers, implementation partners and investors
THE ACCELERATION PROGRAMME
Once selected as a finalist, the winners of each track will work on maximizing their project’s positive impact in a so-called Acceleration programme. The programme runs over a period of five months, and offers both face-to-face and online components, including group-training sessions, pitch training, talks by inspirational speakers, expert advice, visits to social enterprises with climate change solutions, and mentoring on the development of their idea, prototype or start-up. Travel, accommodation and most food expenses are covered.
All in learning and working
During their times in Amsterdam, winners will also be offered an all-in learning and working experience. They will receive group-training sessions, and pitch training, hear talks by inspirational speakers, get expert advice, visit social enterprises with climate change solutions, and work on the development of their idea, prototype or start-up. Last but not least, the participants will enjoy the fun of meeting with fellow winners from all over the world.
For winners of the start-up track, the focus of the acceleration programme is to:
- Further build, validate and prove your product or service
- Develop a strategy for finance and finding starting capital
- Learn how to find a market entry, product-market fit, and launching customers
- Develop your social business model
- Strengthen key capabilities, for example financial planning or negation skills