APPLYING AS A STUDENT / YOUNG PROFESSIONAL
- This track is meant for individual students and student teams. Also young professionals who recently (up to three years ago) graduated from university / art school can apply.
- Taking in consideration that students have less experience with executing ideas in complex situations with multiple stakeholders, in this category the criteria Excitement and (potential) Impact are weighed more than Feasibility and Commitment
- Out of the nominees, one to four projects will be awarded by the international jury
- The awards consist of a design fee of at least €7,500 and participation in a tailor-made acceleration programme covering a period of at least five months
- Teams are connected to potential launching customers, implementation partners and investors
THE ACCELERATION PROGRAMME
Once selected as a finalist, the winners of each track will work on maximizing their project’s positive impact in a so-called Acceleration programme. The programme runs over a period of five months, and offers both face-to-face and online components, including group-training sessions, pitch training, talks by inspirational speakers, expert advice, visits to social enterprises with climate change solutions, and mentoring on the development of their idea, prototype or start-up. Travel, accommodation and most food expenses are covered.
All in learning and working
During their times in Amsterdam, winners will also be offered an all-in learning and working experience. They will receive group-training sessions, and pitch training, hear talks by inspirational speakers, get expert advice, visit social enterprises with climate change solutions, and work on the development of their idea, prototype or start-up. Last but not least, the participants will enjoy the fun of meeting with fellow winners from all over the world.
For winners of the student track, the focus of the acceleration programme is to:
- (further) build and validate your prototype
- Find test customers
- Develop a social business case to help bring your concept to market